Are Evening Part Time Jobs the Answer?
You may feel that when you're looking at evening part-time jobs, you're looking at salvation. Keep in mind however, not all part-time jobs are created equal.
Picky, picky, picky
For example, in my situation, I didn't want to finish work and jump back into the car to drive to yet another job. If I was going to be working wanted to do it at home. I had a number of other constraints as well. Here are a few:
- I didn't want to be making cold calls to provide sales leads, nor did I want to be making calls for debt collectors.
- I didn't want to be storing or shipping inventory for products to be sold on eBay or Craigslist; I don't have enough room to warehouse and ship inventory, nor did I want the hassle of delivering products to customers.
- I wasn't looking for short-term jobs, whether seasonal jobs or temporary jobs.
- I don't want to get involved in MLM companies, they all seem like a house of cards, ready to fall any time.
Kind of picky, aren't I? But my list for ideal evening part time jobs goes on!
- I wanted to avoid part time jobs were the pay was related to the number of pieces you completed. I didn't want to be caught up in filling out surveys, writing articles, providing translations, or doing any other kind of part-time work where my pay would be dictated by the of availability of surveys, articles need to be written, documents needing translation, etc. I didn't want to get set up for a job and anticipate income, only to find out that there was no demand for the service I was offering. This ruled out a lot of evening part-time jobs, as you might imagine. There were many freelancing sites that failed this criteria, such as:
I finally found a great part time job to pursue
So, to bottom line it for you, I finally decided to take control of my finances. After looking at lots of evening part time jobs, I decided to give affiliate marketing a try. I found that businesses will pay money if I'm able to bring customers to their door – a lot of money. Since I'm just looking for part time income, I decided I'd put up a web page, describe some of the best products or services which were available, and provide links to the companies selling those products and services. The links are special links though, called affiliate links. When someone clicks on a link on my website, it takes them to the company, but it also lets the company know that I referred that customer to them. When a sale is made, I get paid. The whole process works even when I'm working. Heck, it even works when I'm sleeping!
The whole issue of affiliate marketing doesn't just happen overnight though. Which business segment or niche should you target with your website? How can you put up a website and get steady (and growing) traffic to it? What is the best way to monetize your new site, to actually make money from it? This turns out to be a tough nut to crack. There are thousands of web sites willing to sell eBooks and videos, or to furnish tools and systems for a fee – all guaranteed to make online earning easy.
Unfortunately, that's not what I was after. I'm trying to make money, not spend it – and I spent hundreds of hours online sorting through mountains of garbage, looking for a resource that would help me turn the corner. It wasn't pleasant.
My new part time job is affiliate marketing, and here's how to make it work
I finally found a site that is free, and provided mountains of information about affiliate selling, rather than the garbage I'd found on every other site. It is a membership site, but all that was required was my name and email address – so I poked around the site a bit. Members routinely raise questions and share solutions. In fact, there is so much information and interaction on the site, that one of the guiding principles is to stick with the structured lessons while you get your business up and running. If you begin wandering around the site, reading random bits of information and socializing without focus, you'll chew up all your free time – without ever earning your first online dollar.
Allright, I'd been warned, so I continued to look around. I really liked the fact that they never asked for any credit card information, and I never saw a PayPal button. In fact, I never saw anything that suggested there was a time limit to my free membership.
That site is Wealthy Affiliate, and I call it home now. My site is growing, and my online income has sprouted and is growing nicely as well.
Do you have a question or comment about evening part time jobs? Add it to the comment box below and let it fly!